In accordance with Costa Rican Law #8932 “Rights and Duties of the users of private and public Health Services,” the patient's responsibilities are listed below.
1. Provide complete information regarding their health status, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other health related conditions.
2. Comply with the instructions, recommendations and directions given by the health staff.
3. Be responsible for their actions and/or omissions in not following the physician’s instructions.
4. Respect the rights of the staff and other users of health services.
5. Comply with any other obligation stipulated in any legal document.